In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1computadora de a bordo femeninoordenador de a bordo masculino España
- Steering spoke controls for the CD-changer sound system are a welcome convenience, as is the trip computer that tracks (among other things) your average mpg and distance to empty.
- All models have remote central locking, front electric windows, a trip computer and doors which lock automatically above walking pace.
- Other specification additions include CD player, manual sunroof and trip computer.
- The new larger body has a bigger cockpit but in base form it still sports velour seats and a simple instrument layout that doesn't even include a trip computer.
- All come with trip computer, electric windows and mirrors, climate control and CD player.
- The estate comes with the same digital climate control, CD player with eight speakers, trip computer, electric windows and mirrors, and immobiliser as the hatch.
- The luxury package also includes metallic paint, alloy wheels, a simple-to-operate cruise control, a trip computer and some very useful electric seats with memory.
- I would have liked a more conventional instrument panel with a trip computer emphasising fuel consumption and range remaining.
- This specification includes full leather upholstery, cruise control, automatic climate control, eight-way electric adjustment for both front seats, wood trim on the doors, and a trip computer with message centre.
- Such was the level of luxury, with walnut dash detailing, trip computer and cruise control, that I was disappointed not to find heated seats to keep me toasted as I motored past the last pockets of snow on the fells.
- While this is a big help towards achieving greater economy, it's certainly not as complete as the information that comes from an average trip computer in a car.
- Gauges and the trip computer are clear but the gear change is the greatest comfort element of all.
- There are changes to the interior too, including a new fascia, revised instrumentation and a trip computer.
- I've also been paying much more attention to the external temperature indicator on the trip computer, although the ice indicator does bleep to warn you when things are getting serious.
- The upholstered dash is dominated by a grey plastic centre console which incorporates a fascia-mounted gearstick, stereo, trip computer, instrument controls and heating system with some fierce-looking air vents.
- All switchgear feels suitably tough, and it even boasts a trip computer, sunroof and alloys.
- This Jag also has split fold rear seats, parking distance warning, a trip computer, satellite navigation and TV.
- The instrument panel on the turbo includes trip computer and cruise control, and there is the option of adding a navigation system.
- The $4000 optional pack gives you grey suede trim, electric sunroof, park distance control and trip computer.
- All controls are sited within easy reach, as is the Driver Information Centre with trip computer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.