- Campaigners who fought a battle to have Doncaster's last remaining trolleybus poles listed for conservation have welcomed council plans to restore them.
- I ventured on to the Danube's east bank and clambered aboard a trolleybus bound for City Park.
- Today I saw that the trolleybus lines were broken along Kent Terrace.
- The spectacular journey delivers you across the spine of Japan by cable car, bus, trolleybus and ropeway.
- The claret and amber stripes are as important a part of this city's identity as the town hall clock and the old trolleybuses.
- It would not be restricted to travelling under wires, so could follow diversions and overtake other trolleybuses.
- I actually like the new buses - they afford easy entry/exit at multiple points along the body of the bus, akin to the trams and trolleybuses in continental cities and modern British cities like Manchester and Sheffield.
- The minute my friend and I, bound for the concert, got off the trolleybus to reach the venue, it was obvious everyone was out for a great night.
- Ever since trolleybuses disappeared in Bradford there has been a desire to bring them back.
- Back she comes with her shopping bag, sliding on the icy pavements, the yellow afternoon lights coming on and trolleybuses schussing along on their crackling ski-poles.
- They are believers in integrated transport links using trains, buses, trolleybuses and trams to increase passenger usage.
- This will involve the purchase of 100 new trolleybuses and buses and the modernisation of the tram fleet.
- London is famed for its highly efficient trolleybus system.
- They declined steadily thereafter, with some traffic being transferred to the trolleybuses, pioneered by Leeds and Bradford in 1911, but which, at their peak, only carried a little over 2,000 million passengers.
- At their peak 20,000 trolleybuses, which run on wheels and are powered by overhead electric cables, were in operation in the UK.