In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1the troposphere — la troposfera
- Also, the presence of stratospheric ozone sandwiched between the satellite and the troposphere makes seeing tropospheric ozone very difficult.
- The stratosphere is the atmospheric layer between the troposphere and the mesosphere and extends from about 12 km altitude to about 50 km.
- The stratosphere extends above the troposphere to about 150,000 feet and is the region where the ozone layer is formed.
- Because of the cloud spreading at the top, the height of the troposphere in the area can also be calculated.
- The other two climate records, so-called ‘upper air’ records, measure temperatures in Earth's troposphere and stratosphere.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.