In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1traje pantalón masculinotraje de chaqueta y pantalón masculino
- But alongside them was another woman - in her late 60s, perhaps - wearing a green trouser suit.
- Could any woman go wrong wearing his camel - grey Alpaca jacket with flecked flannel trouser or his espresso - black wool plaid trouser suit?
- The new trouser suit is less androgynous, more feminine chic.
- Carolyn met him dressed in a green trouser suit.
- Nina is dressed simply in a black trouser suit, neatly set off by gold earrings and rings, but it is her eyes that provide the diamonds, sparkling or flashing dangerously depending on her mood.
- Boucled Chanel suits, though far from masculine, did much to free women into the working world, and made way for the arrival of the full - blown bid for male status in the 1960s: the trouser suit.
- Her delicate camisoles and modern updates of the 1970s trouser suit fast became the talk of the catwalk circuit.
- I wore a trouser suit, something that I would be able to wear again.
- But, immaculately dressed in a dark-grey trouser suit, the effect is discreet.
- There is, for instance, a leather jacket with a leopard-print lining, and a trouser suit made from lipstick-red leather.
- Leonora was dressed in a white trouser suit covered in sequins, with a white fake fur cape draped over padded shoulders.
- It has to be a trouser suit because I don't have to fight with stockings in the morning and only have to worry about matching socks.
- A well-cut trouser suit is a good choice - but keep the look uncluttered.
- The trouser suit is not just a fashionable buy, but a flexible one too, says Sally.
- She is wearing a pastel-green trouser suit, a stars and stripes lapel pin, and a fixed, politician's smile.
- The orange trouser suit was teamed with her trademark saucy shoes: embellished pointy ankle boots.
- Carrie, in a dark trouser suit and blue blouse, looked ahead, occasionally biting her lip.
- She will be dressed in a sharp trouser suit that outlines her slender figure, heels, and a crisp shirt.
- Jenny was wearing a black trouser suit with a silver grey shirt underneath.
- The black trouser suit on top was a mass of creases.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.