In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(driver)camionero masculinocamionera femeninotransportista masculino
- Under pressure of increased costs and competition, truckers have been forced to take on increased workloads and some have sought protection under a union contract.
- The rules for American trucks and truckers are very stringent and safety is foremost.
- Most of the tables are empty - one is occupied by two men who appear to be long distance truckers, another by a group of teenagers.
- The report by the technical committee outlined a number of reasons for failure on the part of motorists and truckers to make use of the highway.
- The change really came to pass because truckers really do care about fuel economy and payload.
- That case hinged on an interpretation of the Hobbs act, a 1946 law aimed at thwarting gangsters from extorting interstate truckers.
- Police say that the trucker and car driver had a lucky escape.
- A spokesman for the bus drivers and truckers pointed out that the delay in the subsidy comes during the month in which many operating bills are due.
- I have been a trucker and bus driver for 40 years and I think the council would have been better commissioning me or others like myself with some driving experience, it would have been cheaper and better.
- In Belgium, 2,500 truckers, taxi drivers and tour bus operators staged a protest on Sunday in Brussels.
- Educators help set education policy, mortgage lenders influence housing policies, truckers influence highway regulation, and so on.
- Satellite radio was originally marketed to truckers and other long-haul drivers, and receivers were designed to be included in cars and trucks.
- The government has stipulated that truckers can work longer than the new 35 hour limit - but only on the basis that they receive the extra payment as overtime.
- I occasionally teach driving skills to beginning truckers and safety refresher courses to my company's experienced drivers.
- Replacement bumpers are another interesting modification that is a favorite among truckers.
- The pool of truckers had split into two contingents-one that supported full unionization and another that simply wished to form an association.
- Drowsy driving has long been a hazard, especially for long haul truckers with deadlines to meet.
- Motorists and truckers also have to pay heavy road tolls on the continent.
- There's a huge shortage of truckers, so a drive has begun to recruit women drivers.
- Finally, racism is an individual problem for truckers and cab drivers, it has nothing to do with systems of wealth and possession.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.