1mosca tsetsé femenino
- Due to the altitude, much of the region is free of malarial mosquitoes and the tsetse and other flies that spread human and animal diseases.
- It is caused by the trypanosoma parasite, which enters the bloodstream through the bite of the tsetse fly.
- The tsetse fly transmits sleeping sickness, midges transmits lumpy skin disease and three-day stiff sickness.
- It is caused by a protozoan, Trypanosoma brucei, which is transmitted to humans through the bite of a tsetse fly.
- The main health threats are sleeping sickness, transmitted by the tsetse fly, and malaria.