In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tubería femeninoa length of rubber tubing — un trozo de tubo de goma
- Cover each loop with plastic tubing to avoid corrosion and increase durability.
- The central and biggest sculpture was four lengths of large clear plastic tubing, each connected to the same cross fitting and filled with water.
- Eleven centimetre long shoot segments were obtained from internodes of previous year shoots, placed vertically and fitted to plastic tubing.
- I slipped short lengths of plastic tubing on top to give the fingers thickness.
- This is a network of plastic tubing that can be regulated to provide a constant moisture supply to your plants.
- Reports suggest that he was found with a plastic bag and some tubing while in doping control.
- The device, which consisted of a foot-operated pump, clear plastic tubing attached to large plastic cups, was supposed to enlarge by creating a vacuum.
- Modern industry has also introduced plastic tubing and vacuum pumps to siphon the sap directly to a single central location for further processing.
- The plastic tubing is then laid out in a continuous loop pattern starting from the control manifold, and is secured to the subfloor with special fasteners.
- An elastic band secured the binoculars to a small platform mounted at the correct height on a piece of grey plastic tubing attached to the platform.
- We set to work in that bright and humid space cutting large plastic tubing and small plastic tubing.
- When a pre-prepared bag of a substance for transfusion, such as blood, saline and the like, is to be connected to another piece of equipment, for example in a hospital, this is usually done by use of plastic tubing.
- The bottles were uniformly aerated using a compressor and plastic tubing.
- Weep holes are made by placing rope or plastic tubing in the mortar joints, or by leaving the mortar out of every second or third head joint.
- The little pump was also on sale and came with about 4 feet of plastic tubing.
- The emergency team anaesthetist noticed that the airway heater had caused the breathing circuit's plastic tubing to melt and turned the heater off.
- Using a long piece of plastic tubing, carefully siphon off the clear liquid into a clean container.
- I could feel gauzy bandages wrapped around my forehead, and I could feel the plastic tubing taped to my upper lip to help me breathe.
- Arterial catheters with plastic tubing had not been invented.
- Generally, it is 1/2 inch flexible plastic tubing that is laid out at 8 to 12 inch spacing below or in the floor.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.