In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1martes masculinosee also Monday
- Music classes take place on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays and there are dancing classes on Fridays.
- On Tuesday afternoon and evening we found ourselves gasping in horror at those images.
- Training will take place five hours per day on Mondays and Tuesdays commencing on January 30th.
- The men were killed on Tuesday of last week, following six days of mass protest.
- On Tuesday strikes and demonstrations took place across a range of public services.
- On Tuesday evening, a plane managed to slide off the runway and sink axle-deep in the mud.
- Last orders are called at midnight on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and 11 pm on Sundays.
- An upset stomach stopped him from training on Tuesday and Wednesday but he is back in action now.
- I have two interviews in two days and Tracy has her exams on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Table tennis is now played regularly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays.
- He then returned to steal from the property on the Tuesday and Wednesday of the following week.
- On Tuesday, he dropped a jar of mustard that smashed and cut his wrist so badly he needed stitches.
- She was due to work an afternoon shift on Tuesday so was at home when the incident happened.
- On Tuesday, retail prices in the form of the Consumer Price Index will be released.
- Next month there won't be any racing on Mondays or Tuesdays.
- It's a lovely place just outside of Dover and we visited it on Tuesday afternoon.
- On Tuesday night, he was said to have suffered a panic attack as the idea of leaving became too much.
- Police said the car was stolen some time on Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning.
- On Tuesday morning, Clara woke up at seven am and had a lukewarm shower to wake her up a bit.
- I contacted an agency on the Tuesday and by the following Monday I had six people here.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.