In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1panza femenino coloquialtripa femenino España coloquialguata femenino Chile coloquial
- He has taught classes ranging from legs, bums and tums to box-fit, spinning, body-pump, studio-strength, circuits and extreme abs.
- There are many ways to fill your tum in an emergency, and some of them won't even make you feel ill.
- The provider of food for 270 young tums was today hailed North West School Chef of the Year.
- There's bums and tums hanging out, both male and female, hips swinging with thongs on view and there's legs up to bottoms with barely a scrap of coverage.
- When we do have a meal, its just solely to fill up the growling tums.
- I have to admit that I had butterflies the size of bulldozers flapping around in my tum as I walked him round the corner to nursery school.
- Having recently suffered a case of jippy tum I've been thinking a lot about toilet paper.
- They tone the legs, tum and bum and even help strengthen the pelvic floor muscle.
- Lorraine and I survived another legs, bums and tums class last night.
- I began with a legs, bums and tums class but felt I should try something harder.
- I've been feeling a bit weird - sore tum, grumpy and tired.
- How many chickens go through our tums in Britain alone in a year?
- I would never have to attend a gruelling bums and tums ' workout ever again.
- The class consists of a warm-up, 40 minutes of exercises for bums, tums and thighs, followed by a cool-down and stretching session.
- Even supermodels wear stuff that sculpts their bums and tums.
- Personal shoppers are old hands at choosing the right garments to make fat arms look thinner, small breasts seem fuller and ways to conceal wobbly bums and tums.
- When he ran on to the pitch to chants of Who Ate All the Pies? he responded by lifting his shirt and rubbing his tum.
- Activities on offer include legs, bums and tums stability ball class; aerobics and cycling.
- His mum had warned me that he had been suffering from a dodgy tum for a couple of days.
- I'm starting my first bums and tums class this week, so hopefully I will start to feel the benefits of all this exercise soon.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.