In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1barriga femenino coloquialpancita femenino coloquialtripita femenino España coloquialguatita femenino Chile coloquial
- Baby dogs get upset tummies all the time, especially Goldens - there's nothing they won't try to eat.
- It feels wonderful, the intellectual equivalent of having your tummy tickled.
- With Britney baring her belly every chance she gets, tummies are getting more attention than ever.
- Chucky's temperature is normal but his tummy is showing signs of tenderness.
- I feel fitter, and running my hand over my tummy now and finding there is not so much of it there any more makes me feel great!
- Little Chloe Hampson may have missed out on her chance of swimming with dolphins because of a tummy upset.
- Our initial examination of the kitten revealed a huge umbilical hernia - a lump on her tummy as big as a chestnut.
- My tummy will be so trim, my pelvis will stop it from ever touching the wall.
- Doctors told the expectant mother that she had a tummy bug and a slight whiplash.
- I had had four children and I wanted to get rid of the excess round my tummy.
- In three weeks, if all goes to plan, we'll hear the heart of our baby, beating inside of my tummy.
- I had a tummy ache from drinking two cans of Red Bull and gobbling a Snickers bar half hour before the test.
- When I found out that the tummy bug I'd been suffering from, was in fact a baby, I sat on the stairs and cried.
- If he were back home, his mom would rub his tummy and give him an aspirin to calm his nerves.
- Conventional painkillers can sometimes cause upset tummies, and herbal medicines, such as Devil's Claw and Bromelain, can often be quite valuable as pain-relievers - without any side effects.
- My feet and legs are back to normal, and my tummy is deflating visibly.
- Before I knew it my tummy boiled and bubbled and reacted in the generally unruly way that neglected tummies do.
- With a full tummy, you can pay for your meal by swiping your card through a nifty wireless gadget.
- It had a little bite on its back, a swollen tummy and was full of fleas.
- Hastie said during the morning she changed John's nappy and thought his lower tummy was swollen.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.