In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(defective sight)visión de túnel femenino
- A progressive loss of peripheral vision occurs over time, resulting in tunnel vision in late stages of the disease.
- Pressure from excess fluid or improper drainage damages the optic nerve and can lead to tunnel vision, loss of peripheral vision, or blindness.
- My biggest shock was I couldn't see properly, I had very blurred tunnel vision, and worse than that, I couldn't speak.
- We know that under life-threatening stress, the heart rate will increase, fine motor skills will deteriorate and you will suffer from tunnel vision.
- Now ultra-stubborn influences have subsided, symptoms of tunnel vision begin to dissipate.
- Mr Flinders was registered blind after having a cataract removed, leaving him with serious tunnel vision and an inability to see objects around him,
- Night blindness develops, usually in childhood, followed by loss of peripheral visual field, progressing over many years to tunnel vision and finally blindness.
- By the fifth night he claimed it was giving him tunnel vision.
- I suggest you try them before you spend your money, as some coloured lenses give you a sense of tunnel vision which is very uncomfortable.
2(narrowmindedness)estrechez de miras femenino
- Well I'm trying not to succumb to tunnel vision by only limiting the field of inquiry to a particular area.
- While it may distract from your tunnel vision, it's wise to think ahead.
- We should address all the challenges concurrently and not just focus on some areas in a tunnel vision fashion.
- They reject accusations of tunnel vision and deny they are motivated by professional envy at not having got there first.
- The Company of Strangers can be summed up as offering a panoramic view of tunnel vision and its effect on all aspects of human life. There seems to be no place where Seabright is a stranger.
- However, tunnel vision seems to have no effect when you return from a shopping trip and there is ice cream/chocolate/crisps to be found.
- That move alienated many people on Wall Street, who have tunnel vision about the current quarter and year.
- Qualifying requires tunnel vision akin to the view through a soda straw.
- They don't want the public getting tunnel vision about age or race or gender or anything like that.
- A lot of practitioners who've had their firms for 20 years or more can get tunnel vision.
- While I understand that you are a more experienced writer, the tendency for this tunnel vision is a human one.
- Beyond the media's tunnel vision lies the persistence of the habit of the rich world using the poor world to buttress its prejudices.
- They avoid tunnel vision; they do not focus too narrowly on the administration of the individual business firm and the individual household.
- We are handy as a regional centre and we don't have tunnel vision.
- The fixation on profits and productivity created tunnel vision oblivious to historic money and credit excess.
- Her defense mechanism soon becomes tunnel vision, focused only on the money she's saved for her son's operation.
- They can suffer from terminal enthusiasm for their subject, with the complication of single-mindedness bordering on tunnel vision.
- A tunnel vision approach to reducing unplanned pregnancy may do nothing to reduce the risk of sexually transmitted diseases and can increase it.
- A teacher, whether brutally domineering or gently insistent, is still capable of suffering tunnel vision, a limited perspective of which he or she may be quite unaware.
- ‘Our emphasis on multi-skilling and taking the initiative prevents tunnel vision in our operators,’ he says.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.