In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(compressor)turbocompresor masculinoturbo masculino
- If the vehicle is fitted with a turbo or super charger, over fuelling may be the cause.
- The turbo does not kick in.
- Power doesn't hit hard like a turbo, it just whooshes in as the revs climb quickly.
- With 136 bhp the car lacks power - a turbo version is coming-but more disappointing is the light, inconsistent steering.
- Another important benefit of air bearings is packaging, especially the ability to mount the turbo at any angle.
- Like turbos, superchargers like to gorge on fresh air and a massive intercooler sits on top of the engine fed by the roof mounted air-scoop.
- The turbo for example can be enhanced to improve combustion without restricting airflow, allowing the engine to burn fuel more fully and efficiently.
- Plus, the steering simply could not cope with the car's erratically delivered turbo power.
- The turbo engine gives competitive pace, but a little more money buys the sonorous V5 version.
- The turbo simply refused to wake up and as a result there was absolutely no power at all.
- The turbo gives great mid-range flexibility.
- I happen to like the whistling of the turbo to remind me of what's going on in the engine bay just behind my back, although I imagine some might find it irritating.
- Its gentle whistle sounds like a tempest tumbling madly through a turbo.
- If you think this is no more than a VW Phaeton with twin turbos and a longer wheelbase, you're missing the point.
- It is blindingly quick, although you needed to keep the engine spinning because of the turbo lag.
- Massive power is not much fun on a public road if a car suffers from turbo lag.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.