In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1intermitente masculinodireccional femenino México Colombiaseñalizador (de viraje) masculino Chile
- I silently agreed with my big drummer friend as I hit the turn signal and scouted for a good parking space.
- I turn on the left turn signal, glance over my shoulder, pull onto the interstate, and accelerate, slowly, slowly, slowly to a reckless speed.
- Some cars aren't completely legal, missing turn signals, headlights, and even license plates.
- I hate it when people driving brand new vehicles never use a turn signal.
- Some mirrors incorporate turn signals, some have approach lights on the bottom, while others incorporate power folding features.
- The anticipation of the actions of the tractor trailer were made more complicated by the absence of any turn signal.
- I'm sure there will come a time when even I will realize it's time to flick on that turn signal.
- Be more meticulous about using turn signals, so that other drivers know your intentions.
- Cars jamming the streets have LED turn signals, brake lights, and dashboard displays.
- It is just like some guy driving and he didn't use his turn signal.
- Found in this comprehensive online store, are high beam, superior quality Jeep headlights, Jeep fog lights, Jeep taillight and Jeep turn signal.
- He flipped on his turn signal and turned into a parking lot designated Senior Lot.
- I'm pushing the radio buttons and the turn signal anyway.
- When driving, I would pull onto the street in the wrong direction and turn on the windshield wipers instead of the turn signal.
- His fears quickly diminished as he spotted her in the rearview mirror flashing her right turn signal and pulling into the parking lot.
- If, for example, the driver changes lanes without using the turn signal, a visual cue is displayed and a haptic device in the driver's seat is activated.
- He turned on his turn signal and stopped at a red light.
- You'd assume that if there was no turn signal, the car would be going straight.
- Do not hang your helmet on the sissy bar, turn signals or worst on the bike's mirror.
- When I tried to make a lane change, using the turn signal, a yellow warning light flashed in the side-view mirror, providing a clear indication that a vehicle was present.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.