In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1radio de giro masculino
- The turning circle means every mini roundabout becomes a three-point turn.
- Poor turning circle can make parking and city driving difficult
- A kerb-to-kerb turning circle of 9.8m makes it ideal for use around town.
- It corners much better than I expected, and the turning circle is surprisingly good.
- Apart from a poor turning circle there's little to criticise physically, but running costs are high owing to a fairly thirsty engine.
- The steering is light and wieldy for parking, and the turning circle must be nearly as tight as a black cab's.
- The submitted plans include a car park - including a turning circle for buses, 2 metre-high mesh fencing and floodlights.
- Tight turning circle and ease of driving are positive features for the Hijet, and a three-year warranty on the LPG models within the range should inspire further confidence.
- The car also suffered from a poor turning circle: particularly obvious when trying to park.
- He said because of the poor turning circle he had crashed into the bus.
- A 10.4m turning circle, assisted by power steering, makes for easy driving around town.
- It has the turning circle of a JCB and the acceleration to match.
- And if I take the wrong road the car has such a tiny turning circle I can do a quick U-turn and head back the other way.
- The turning circle, however, was on the wide side and the car, even for a sporty driver, was rather noisy.
- With 4WD engaged, the Pajero is much more stable and the central differential means there is no adverse effect on are respectable and the turning circle surprisingly neat.
- True, the turning circle is terrible but that is the only real snag.
- A tight turning circle makes the car easy to park.
- Perhaps most surprising, the turning circle is tight enough to tackle a u-turn on a mini roundabout in one smooth sweep.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.