In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sueño crepuscular masculino
- As a pioneer of twilight sleep in childbirth in New Zealand she even trialled the drug on herself when she subsequently had her four children, Peter, Ross, Graham and Alison.
- It is Christmas eve and our patient lays on the table in twilight sleep.
- Being alive is a very intense experience, we all shy away from it preferring an ambulatory twilight sleep.
- Poetry is often thought to be a painless twilight sleep out of which beauty is accidentally born.
- And you will hear a lot of experts suggest, Larry, that it puts you in a twilight sleep, where you kind of know what's going on.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.