In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ciudad hermana femenino
- This is one of the best hotels in the twin cities of Rawalpindi-Islamabad.
- The surrounding districts of the twin cities - Hyderabad and Secunderabad - now resonate with several such tales of reform and financial stability.
- The irony is that Midland along with its twin city, Odessa, is one of the most stratified and narrow places in the country.
- No two cities are alike. Even twin cities differ in the essential ‘genetic code’ if I may call it that.
- San Diego and Tijuana are twin cities located on opposing sides of the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Typical of the stepped-up efforts to keep terrorists at bay is the operation at Laredo, Tex., and its twin city across the border, Nuevo Laredo.
- The twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad provide an excellent market for the bank and it was only natural that the bank decided to strengthen its foundation in this area, Rao said.
- Chicken shop owners of the twin cities and neighbouring districts dote on this commercial artiste.
- Morten certainly met his greatest challenge at the Asia Pacific Regatta, which was sailed on a lake, the Hussein Sagar, straddled by the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad.
- Hundred of missiles rained over the population of twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad killing more than 100 people at the time.
- Highway 20 lingers for about 75 miles in the Sacramento Valley, passing the twin cities of Marysville and Yuba City.
- Maj Gen Arnison also paid special tribute to the spouses and families of 10FSB personnel and thanked the twin cities of Townsville and Thuringowa for their support.
- They are twin cities and cultural activities flowed between the two.
- It is well placed for a panoramic view, being located on a major bend of the River Thames, roughly midway between the twin cities of London, Westminster and the City, offering views of each.
- Mackaman is the SEP candidate for state representative in Illinois' 103rd legislative district, which includes the twin cities of Champaign and Urbana.
- A gigantic sign hanged from a wooden pole, welcoming visitors to Jeroosalim, the twin city of Nautras.
- Rawalpindi is called the twin city of Islamabad, Pakistan's capital.
- This year's regatta took place in India between the 12 th and 19th of May, on the Hussein Sagar, a 400 year old lake in the middle of the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad.
- A morning sightseeing excursion around Budapest takes in the historic Buda Castle, with a view of the twin cities of Buda and Pest.
- Just to the west is its twin city of Vancouver, but we're interested in the eastern one for now.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.