In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Plus you get the added benefit of better control over typography (leading, indentation, margins and padding).
- There was clear, deceptively simple typography in a uniform typeface and a single strong image, often truncated for effect.
- It was noted that most students lack a thorough background in typography, lettering and calligraphy.
- Currently, I am teaching graphic design and typography at the University of North Carolina Charlotte.
- Most of their page is given over to explaining hitherto-unknown Alternate Facts about book design, typography, and printing.
- It is more than a matter of typography and layout.
- He investigates this question in two dimensions in his work in and comments on graphic design and typography.
- Notably absent, however, were books on typography and layout design, which are, after all, also an important element of written textual communication.
- Though out of date, it is still widely regarded as a paragon of clarity and accuracy for its definitions and etymologies and as a model of design, production, illustration, typography, paper, printing, and binding.
- For many years he was closely connected with the Oxford University Press, which he advised on many matters of style, phonetics, spelling, and typography.
- The old stuff about judging books by their cover is out of date - today's books are marketed so clinically that it is usually perfectly possible to predict the content by the author's picture and style of typography.
- He includes great tips on creating separate style sheets for layout and typography to speed maintenance, and how to use the rule and the cascade to serve content to browsers based on their capabilities.
- The French honor their writers by publishing them whole in good typography on India paper, meticulously edited and annotated, in Gallimard's Bibliothèque de la Pléiade.
- In 1963 he began making Concrete poetry, in which the physical appearance of the poem - its shape and typography - is regarded as part of its meaning.
- That's understandable, too, since designers are using the same storytelling tools online - photographs, graphics, and typography - that they use in print.
- I love typography and clever graphic design, and am a fan of many folks who do this kind of thing and do it well.
- And the artistic history of musical typography highlights printed music in which the bounds of craftsmanship are transcended to produce exemplars of outstanding design.
- Headings are an important aspect of typography on the web (as well as in print).
- By applying a different CSS file to a markup document, we can drastically change any or all aspects of its design - the layout, typography, or color palette.
- The ‘Calligraphy’ collection features four different traditions and poetry of the masters in Zen, Sufi, Devnagri and modern Roman typography style.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.