1(mark)diéresis femeninocrema femenino
- German umlauts appear to be a problem in some cases.
- Furthermore, Hungarian, Turkish and Finnish (which are Ural-Altaic languages like Korean and share phonetic qualities with it) also extensively use umlauts.
- This changed when the reform-minded leader Kemal Mustafa Attaturk, for better or for worse, adopted a Romanization system which heavily uses umlauts to modify various sounds.
- The evidence is that originally the German keyboard produced circumflexes instead of umlauts but it was replaced by an English keyboard.
- Come on folks, don't you know how to pronounce vowels with umlauts over them?
2(vowel change)metafonía femeninoinflexión vocálica femenino
- Not all vowel gradations are caused by umlaut.
- The mutations of a basic vowel by umlaut are of two kinds in OE.
- It is important to note that in many OE words containing vowels affected by umlaut, the /i/ or /j/ in the following unstressed syllable has been lost.