- Smith's style has an agitated energy that is nicely extended to the Chalfens, but it is rather unadaptable, or at least unadapted to the book's more nuanced characters, who are seen in the same constant light.
- An unadaptable sugar maple, growing in an area where 12 inches of soil is to be spread over its roots, would be a poor choice for retention.
- Basically, he's made his ADAPTATION here, a movie about the making of a movie based on an unadaptable novel.
- Why were valuable time and money spent in attempts to adapt the unadaptable old horse car lines to the new condition of electric traction?
- The connection of the elementary concepts of everyday thinking with complexes of sense experiences can only be comprehended intuitively and it is unadaptable to scientifically logical fixation.