In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(vote/state/declare) unánimemente(elect) por unanimidad
- Domestic players unanimously say that the minimum area to be developed should be reviewed.
- The Board of Governors voted unanimously to allow the administrators to unionize.
- Jim is unanimously voted out in the first episode as opposed to Tom's big win.
- The residents very pleased that the council voted unanimously in favour of the variation.
- We may have some problems but they must be tackled unanimously as one nation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.