In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(cloth) crudo(flour) sin blanquear
- The bedding comes from organically grown, unbleached cotton and pure wool and is free of dyes.
- On each cookie there was an ingredient list that was contained items as peculiar and exotic as ‘Organic unbleached flour’, ‘Eggs’ and ‘cane sugar’.
- Tie the duck breasts with unbleached cotton string.
- Look for organic, unbleached, untreated cotton.
- Kraft pulp is still used, in bleached and unbleached forms, for such products as paper bags, milk cartons, and paper cups.
- The compost consisted of the EarthShell plates and bowls, unbleached paper napkins, fiber trays, biodegradable trash bags, and food from a federal agency's cafeteria, plus leaves and grass clippings.
- Alan works primarily with whole wheat flours, but Steve prefers a blend of an organic unbleached flour and an organic hard winter wheat he grinds himself.
- These are pieces of unbleached paper backed with a vegetable-based adhesive which you stick over facial lines.
- A tightly woven unbleached cotton curtain, still a significant ecological step above vinyl, can be purchased from fellow retailer Planet Natural for only $31.95.
- If, for example, much of your net worth were invested in McDonald's, you'd be unlikely to protest a new store opening in your neighborhood of be as eager for the company to use unbleached paper if it impacted earnings.
- Re-strain through fine wire mesh or unbleached muslin cloth.
- Stonyfield added a ninth flavor, Creme Caramel, and made the switch from plastic to lightweight, unbleached paper pints bearing new, bolder graphics.
- The paper cartons are now being manufactured using unbleached paper, as chlorine bleaches can cause toxic water pollution.
- Pour liqueur through a fine strainer or unbleached muslin cloth.
- Buy organic produce, unbleached paper products and greener cleaners; skip weed killer and bug sprays.
- In those days, the LibDems were (in the nicest possible way) regarded as slightly woolly and synonymous with wholemeal bread and unbleached linen.
- All-purpose, unbleached flour which blends hard and soft wheat is preferred over bleached flour because it rises more evenly and has a better flavor.
- Instead, you get 13 grams of protein but 41 grams of carbohydrate; not surprising, considering the first ingredient is unbleached enriched flour.
- Then I attempted to measure out 4 cups of unbleached all purpose white flour.
- Add 1 cup water and 1.25 cups unbleached white flour to 2 cups starter.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.