In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(drain/sink) desatascar(drain/sink) destapar América Latina(chimney) desatascar(road/artery) desobstruir(pore) limpiar(nose) destapar(account) desbloquear
- A modified magnetic scan can tell patients whether cholesterol-lowering statin drugs are actually unblocking their clogged arteries.
- Based on your results, your doctor may decide, for instance, that you would benefit from having coronary angioplasty to help unblock clogged arteries.
- While our Internet service includes filtering functionality, it is our customers who make the decisions about which categories are blocked or unblocked.
- They could also lobby Bradford Council to ensure gullies are cleared and drains unblocked.
- This is to be distinguished from typical plumbing such as a household having to have a drain unblocked or a hot water pipe mended.
- The censors have unblocked the New York Times website, Washington Post website and other websites.
- Engineers are currently wading through storerooms and unblocking sewers in a bid to make the ‘dungeon’, as it has been dubbed by airport employees, fit for business by the end of 2006.
- At times, the Court discusses unblocking particular Web sites, which can be viewed as a narrower method of disabling a filter.
- The customer is either too ignorant, or was told by sales that they were blocked already, but they will "unblock" them if they sign up today.
- The drug, Paclitaxel, is meant to prevent restenosis, the narrowing of the arterial walls after a stent is inserted to unblock an artery.
- We must get the UK to unblock the site.
- Based on the research, Simons cautions against using angiogenic drugs to unblock arteries in certain heart conditions.
- Access will only be unblocked on request to the phone companies.
- Engineers have already had one attempt at unblocking the sewer, but their jet-spray equipment was not powerful enough to reach the blockage.
- University lecturers find themselves earning less than the people who unblock their sewers and fix their cars.
- Now that the link is unblocked, I can contact you.
- This reply then unblocks the sender and the two processes are free to operate independently once again.
- This week council contractors were due to start work to unblock the pipe so surface water can run down to the river without businesses in the industrial estate getting flooded during heavy downpours.
- And they said the same thing to her, that they were not able to unblock any of these sites, because our school had chosen to block them.
- The group has also undertaken several tasks of opportunity, like repairing bridges and water mains, unblocking sewers, fixing vehicles and building a school playground.
- It was temporarily unblocked at my school district level last year, but when the list was updated, you were blocked once again.
- Unblocking a member will not return deleted messages to your inbox.
- Every one of them was unblocked at the SC administrator level.
- This will mean that an account will be unblocked immediately a person pays the account.
- Finally, if the library wishes to track usage and unblocking requests, its reporting system should not maintain personally identifying information.
- They must be reapplied frequently (ie, three to four times per day) because excessive sweating unblocks the ducts.
- Other procedures to unblock the bile ducts are called ERCP and PTC - they involve widening the bile duct and inserting a tube to drain the blocked fluids.
- Once the renal arteries are unblocked and blood flow to the kidneys improves, blood pressure usually returns to normal.
- The company will either unblock the pipe or, in a worst-case scenario, replace it all together - this can sometimes involve digging up the street.
- There is no public list of banned sites and no mechanism for citizens to petition to have a site unblocked.
- Your Personal Unblocking Key is an eight-digit number used to unblock your phone if you enter your PIN number incorrectly three times.
- The money could have been spent on the green or unblocking the drains or on the paths.
- Sadly for patients with stroke, the heart attack doctors are not just in the lead, they are out of sight evaluating and now establishing intra-arterial chemical and physical approaches to unblocking the pipes fast.
- Some of the sites that were blocked when I did my original test in January are now unblocked.
- Tonight Eton and I fumigated his apartment, and unblocked the bathroom drain.
- His health nightmares began when a German surgeon bungled a routine operation to unblock his arteries eight years ago.
- I got an auto-responder email back indicating that they would unblock the site, starting on the 10th.
- It is, however, an easy matter to unblock a mobile phone account.
- What is a reasonable time frame that a library has to unblock a Web site or disable a filter upon request?
- Buffalo City Municipality reported that the only clean-up operation was to unblock storm drains.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.