1(spirit) incólumewith head unbowed — con la cabeza erguida / bien alta
- Tired but unbowed, they were out again to make their case.
- Kilmarnock were well beaten, but remained unbowed.
- At the start, Casey stands feet astride, ready to take on all comers; by the end she is the walking wounded - bruised, battered and yet triumphantly unbowed.
- Meanwhile, Jason Cross returns from E3, broken glasses and recovering from illness, but nonetheless unbowed.
- Edwards smiled in exasperation and Key was still there at the end - unbeaten and unbowed.
- We're bloodied, as the poet says, but not unbowed.
- Central to this concept is the impression of the writer, battered though unbowed by oppression, given safe haven and continuing to struggle from a foreign home.
- Dunfermline have had a horrendous start to the new season and entertain Celtic today, but their manager's enthusiasm remains unbowed.
- Unbeaten, unbowed, even if bloody, their war is waged against opposition from whatever its source, be it opposing spectators or the police.
- Currie were unbowed by that setback and Ward returned to the fray just in time to help the home pack drive over for the bonus point try, with Andy Slight applying the final touch.
- The only man to retire from the punishing demands of the heavyweight category unbowed by defeat in any fight was Rocky Marciano.
- They fought like lions and went down with spirit unbowed.
- The Burn, beaten and bloodied, but unbowed are returning to the Edinburgh District League, from whence they came 30 years ago.
- She looked like an escapee from a casualty ward during the final stages of the heptathlon competition in Australia, bruised, bandaged but unbowed.
- For a man who has been criticised vociferously over the past few months, he looks supremely unbowed.
- Some referees would have instinctively pointed to the penalty spot but Mr Rennie remained unbowed and, after seeing it again on telly, I have to agree with him.
- He went to his reward still battling, still unbowed, still independent, still loving his Baby and family, still loving his football and his native place.
- Frostbitten but unbowed, the girl and her guitar soldier on.
- Untilted lives up to its title, finding Booth and Brown unbowed in their belief that clinical repetition and street-smart hip-hop beats can coexist in the universe.
- Undaunted and unbowed, West, who is a professor of African American studies and religion, has remained outspoken and highly regarded as a public intellectual.