In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(book/record) no catalogado
- This collection, some of which is uncatalogued, covers fashion history, graphic design, corporate design, etc.
- The web is also like being stuck in a giant uncatalogued library, with every dusty shelf offering up hidden treasures; you just have to hunt for them.
- They were stored, uncatalogued, in the county record office.
- After a decade of efforts by the library committee and a succession of volunteers, most of the books remained uncatalogued.
- The total number of items including uncatalogued material, is estimated to be about 150,000 and reflects all aspects of life in Camden.
- Much of the rest of the archival material is uncatalogued, and is now in some disarray.
- The site now contains listings of both catalogued and uncatalogued material to be found in the library, enabling researchers to obtain a much clearer view of what the holdings are.
- Using unsorted and uncatalogued manuscript collections is also often restricted, and you may have to obtain special permission from the archivist.
- Sadly, many audio collections remain unpreserved or uncatalogued for lack of money or lack of institutional interest.
- Some vernacular language material is not fully catalogued, but all uncatalogued vernacular materials can be found as an order record through an author or title search in the library catalog.
- Under this grant hitherto uncatalogued materials were added to the online catalogue.
- Many of the 600,000 uncatalogued books are still sitting in unopened boxes.
- Feel free to roam the uncatalogued contents; you never know what sort of treasures you might unearth!
- A survey has been designed and carried out to assess the extent of library materials within the group that remain either on card catalogue or indeed completely uncatalogued.
- This exhibition introduces a hitherto uncatalogued collection of Islamic calligraphy kept in the Wellcome Library.
- I have, over the years, become horrified at the overwhelming number of uncatalogued Old and Middle Irish manuscripts contained in repositories throughout Europe.
- While there will be some legitimate uncatalogued prints, for the most part the collector should stick to what is catalogued.
- I liked to climb to the top of the tower, where uncatalogued documents and fragments left over from the Victorian rearrangement of the records were haphazardly thrown into sacks.
- The collection was initially uncatalogued and placed alongside the Institute materials; it was of value but extremely difficult to use effectively.
- Although they suspect additional pieces may have been stolen, they declined to speculate on the scope of the additional uncatalogued items that may have been looted.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.