In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Subjection is unconditional and must not be re-evaluated in the light of experience.
- The hearing was adjourned until December 12 and Davies was remanded on unconditional bail.
- There must be more to things than just conditional attachment or unconditional detachment.
- Many Americans will expect that support to be unconditional and unquestioning.
- However, the demarcation between a conditional and an unconditional order is not always clear.
- The referees who continue to handle our games deserve our full and unconditional support.
- It says that this time compliance must be full, unconditional and immediate.
- It wants to avoid a full and unconditional withdrawal from the Occupied Territories.
- They had an eight-week window to finalise legal and planning issues so the offer could be made unconditional.
- In watching it again the other day, I was reminded of the theme of unconditional love that made Akira so engaging.
- Her intentions have since then become clear and her unconditional love of the children is obvious.
- If war is a matter of national survival, then the only acceptable outcome is unconditional surrender.
- Lowry suggests that these terms were far removed from those of unconditional surrender.
- Because despite what they can think of us at times, we have an unconditional love that will never be broken.
- They released her on unconditional bail and told her she will be sentenced in the week starting October 28.
- Miller had received a full and unconditional pardon from Ronald Reagan before he was sentenced.
- Johnny lapped up the unconditional hero worship that the rest of Australia is too cynical to give him.
- She was on her way to total freedom, unconditional love, and God was going to be with her every bit of the way.
- Potter has been released on unconditional bail for pre-sentence reports until May 6.
- The other angel, holding lilies, has a look of unconditional forgiveness.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.