In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- First of all, the first declaration that you claim is that a certain High Court Rule is unconstitutional.
- The law was later ruled unconstitutional by the Florida state Supreme Court.
- First, it held unconstitutional the long-standing rule that injury was to be presumed from the mere fact of publication.
- Otherwise, the Supreme Court would probably have found the measures unconstitutional.
- It led to the US supreme court ruling that the segregation of buses was unconstitutional.
- It also said that the discrimination by some local authorities could be unconstitutional.
- The Act was ruled unconstitutional by the Third US Circuit Court of Appeals in Philadelphia last year.
- Ours here ended when it was challenged in the Supreme Court of Canada and ruled unconstitutional.
- In the US Supreme Court, this law would be struck down as being unconstitutional.
- This held that nineteenth-century state legislation on the issue was unconstitutional.
- She holds that the separation of church and state is also unconstitutional and has equated Social Security with cannibalism.
- But on Friday of last week a judge found that the national executive meeting was unconstitutional and declared it void.
- That law has since been ruled unconstitutional and overturned, and the case will resume later this year.
- Any potential law which they felt went against the Constitution was classed as unconstitutional and had to be re-drawn.
- The first category is oppressive, arbitrary or unconstitutional action by the servants of the government.
- The suit charges that the act is unconstitutional because it permits no exception to protect the health of the mother.
- There is, of course, nothing unconstitutional about filibustering a judicial nomination.
- You think the president has the power to declare an act of Congress unconstitutional.
- It was only thrown out after Italy's Supreme Court ruled it was unconstitutional.
- I remember reading on the BBC news website last week that a Greek court has ruled this unconstitutional.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.