In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- So both pieces are composed for a weird ensemble, with unconventional weightings of timbre and register.
- Some had undergone unconventional operations while Neale had also carried out work beyond his capabilities.
- For it is in the essence of his behaviour that he should be eccentric, unconventional and rash in the eyes of public opinion.
- This production uses some radical techniques and tries to explore unconventional approaches.
- An unconventional approach to life was accompanied by humour, frankness, and generosity.
- As a result of this unconventional approach, what we end up with is a film with dozens of Peter's voices, but without a voice of its own.
- The quirky, unconventional lawman is a plum role that at one point had seemingly passed Cardinal by.
- The background is complex and unconventional enough to send even a modern bohemian rushing to cover the piano legs.
- The culture of our country predisposes us to trust unconventional medicine.
- But the method of going about the task is unconventional to say the least.
- He shared her unconventional love of rude words and dirty jokes.
- The hidden global internment network is a central element in the CIA's unconventional war on terrorism.
- The rather unconventional approach to criminals had its pros and cons, analysts said.
- The unconventional aspects of the present struggle do not make its stakes any less grave.
- He takes an unconventional approach to stress, writing that it is not the killer people believe it to be.
- Klezmer harmonica might be unconventional, but so is Fencioglu's playing style.
- His unconventional approach to fighting crime makes him a great cop, but takes a toll on his personal life.
- The only difference is that they are doing it in a more unconventional way.
- It's still strange to discover that somebody has been reading your diary, as unconventional as it is.
- Williams' vocal style is as unconventional as the melodies that he explores.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.