In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sin fechasin fechar
- The tenant, who refused to allow his name to be published, says he recently received the unsigned, undated letter on Yamiro stationery.
- I recently printed an undated picture of a crowded station at Adlington, where, if you recall, I mentioned that everyone was wearing head gear of some kind.
- They are undated and no records exist telling how the works entered the collection.
- It appears that an undated letter sent out last month by Royal Mail advises everyone of their intention to combine first and second deliveries.
- An undated letter was received from the Credit Union indicating only that Ms. Vanderhyden was hired as a replacement for a data clerk on maternity leave.
- Most oaths are undated, and I have had to estimate dates based on their context.
- In one untitled and undated photograph, a group of Buddhist women pray before an altar filled with joss sticks.
- Though undated, the wedding pictures were all apparently taken before the Second World War and show a selection of wedding styles.
- An undated copy of the memorandum was obtained by The New York Times.
- The undated photograph was made in a studio in the elegant Konigsallee in Dusseldorf.
- This page from his notebook is undated, but probably comes from the period around 1900.
- The biggest surprise is how undated these songs come across, especially considering dance music's typically rapid sell-by date.
- It is also noteworthy that the painting in the auction seems to be undated.
- He supplied a court, or the Crown supplied a court, a statement that was undated, unsigned and unwitnessed and put that in as evidence which the court accepted it.
- The letter is undated, but is believed to have been sent in November 1931.
- An undated price list refers to handles, escutcheons, plates, and hinges available in nickel-plate or gilt finishes.
- In the references, many of which were undated, Huntley was described as ‘reliable, honest and trustworthy’.
- The picture, undated I am afraid, shows the building in its former glory.
- Things like shares are effectively like undated securities, because they have no redemption date.
- On second glance it becomes clear how undated these images are.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.