In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(person) menor de edadunderage drinking — consumo de bebidas alcohólicas por menores de edad masculino
- Kirkwall police have once again expressed their growing concern over the quantity of alcohol being confiscated from under-age teenagers in the town.
- They had a clear warning this week: sale of alcohol to under-age children will not be tolerated and those breaking the law will face prosecution.
- A number of the under-age boys ended up in hospital.
- To qualify for a particular age group a competitor must be under-age on July 31st of this year.
- Questions were also asked about the problem of youngsters drinking and off-licences selling alcohol to under-age teenagers.
- An under-age driver caught at the wheel of a car has been warned that he could be locked up if he drives again within a year.
- Following their very successful year in 2003 it is hoped that all players and the parents of the under-age players will attend.
- Anyone who sells alcohol to the under-age children will be prosecuted.
- Police have promised to shut down off-licences and pubs that persistently flout the law by selling booze to under-age children.
- These facilities will be of benefit to all players from under-age boys and girl teams right up to adult level.
- We are subjected to the noise of motorbikes being driven around the estate all weekend by under-age children.
- They will be able to confiscate alcohol and tobacco from under-age children.
- All under-age teams are being trained and coached in preparation for their upcoming competitions.
- I was under-age and deemed too unstable to make my own decisions.
- She has decided to tackle the problem of stamping out the sale of alcohol to under-age children.
- Our under-age teams, almost all of them, have won trophies of one type or another this season and the promotion of the senior team was the icing on the cake.
- The fundraiser will support the under-age teams, who hope to travel to Croke Park for the All-Ireland ladies final.
- Adults are being sought throughout the parish to help secure the future of Broadford United AFC's under-age teams.
- She also accused the police of not acting quickly enough to stop certain off-licences in the area serving alcohol to under-age people.
- The unsung heroes in our club are those who look after the needs of our under-age teams, without whom we would not have adult teams.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.