In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1underarm odor — olor a sobaco masculino coloquial
- underarm deodorant — desodorante (para las axilas)
2Deporte(service/bowling) sin levantar el brazo por encima del hombro
- Here it is demonstrated for hitting an overhead shot (the most-played shot in badminton, unlike tennis or squash which are primarily underarm swings).
- The Kiwis threatened to bowl all 50 overs underarm at the next match, but did not go through with it.
- Latham couldn't believe his luck and gladly accepted the offer of the underarm lob from half way down the pitch to remind voters of Howard's cut and run strategy.
- When the very original cricket balls were manufactured in the Garden of England around 1750, the underarm deliveries could not be made to swing significantly at such a low trajectory and pace.
- As a result, underarm bowling was banned from international cricket.
- He throws from a slightly underarm angle, but his pitches can reach 93 mph, an unusually high velocity for pitchers with that type of delivery.
- The bowler steps up to the crease and rolls an underarm delivery on the ground straight at the batsman.
- Greg asked Trevor, ‘How are you at bowling your underarms?’ before asking the umpire to inform the batsman the delivery would be underarm.
- Ii'S clear from the history of cricket that bowling has gone through an evolution from underarm bowling to overarm bowling.
- And two decades later, he re-visits the underarm delivery and provides a fascinating insight into why he asked his younger brother Trevor to bowl that infamous delivery.
- And it wasn't some nice, looping, underarm throw that would have guaranteed the bottle would land safely in Drifter's hands, either.
- The Laws of Cricket and the ICC playing regulations both prohibit the bowling of underarm deliveries.
- Australia were amassing a huge score (Billy Murdoch had just scored the first Test double-century) when Lyttelton came on to propel his underarm lobs.
1sin levantar el brazo por encima del hombro
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.