In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(paint)pintura base femenino
- Use matt white emulsion paint as an undercoat for the tip.
- Apply a flat oil-based enamel undercoat to the wall and allow it to dry for 24 hours.
- And soft, sloughing paints are a poor undercoat for anything other than a fresh coat of the same.
- They also make paints for wood or concrete floors and masonry as well as the requisite undercoat and primer paints.
- The way Skinner describes his creative process, he sounds like a conscientious painter and decorator sanding a wooden surface to roughen it up a bit before applying an undercoat.
- Before the glaze coat begins to dry, use the sponge to remove some of the glaze to expose the undercoat.
- The vat had been full of solvent-based rubberised paint used as an undercoat on vans made at the factory.
- He said the undercoat was intentionally a bright colour so that the painters could spot any areas they missed with the grey paint, which would be applied within a matter of days.
- These penetrating sealers are often used as an undercoat with surface finishes; but be sure the two finishes are compatible before you begin.
- The lift was inoperable, the walls had been left with barely an undercoat on them and there was bare screed on the floors.
- Use a special primer as an undercoat so that the paint will adhere better.
- He then turned to large-scale community murals, designing and drawing the outlines and letting local people paint the two undercoats, three coats of gloss paint and finally varnishing.
- Sometimes his pigment catches the canvas threads dryly, leaving the dips of the rough weave coloured only by the undercoat.
- First, they painted the stucco with a primer undercoat, then applied medium blue latex house paint.
- If I paint, is there a special undercoat and paint that I should use?
- The walls were painted only in a sickly yellow undercoat, and even that was peeling.
- Upon completion, the resulting piece is sun-baked for several days prior to painting, which commences with the application of a thick white undercoat.
- An undercoat is preferred so there are no thin or bare spots visible.
- A primer-sealer undercoat is necessary to seal drywall and unpainted plaster or wallboard compound.
- Using an undercoat by spattering acrylics, I finish off the surface of the sculpture with oil paints with the aid of an airbrush.
1.2(coating)primera mano de pintura femeninoprimera capa de pintura femenino
2EEUUAutomóvilestratamiento anticorrosivo del chasis masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.