In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(person) subempleado(resources/space/plant) infrautilizado
- ‘Nobody is underemployed in the health service,’ a spokesman said.
- They're underemployed, and yet they make some of the best employees because they're grateful for the jobs.
- I suppose it would remain popular at least until all the investment capital leaves the province, leaving an underemployed (but very highly educated!) workforce.
- Namely, many were underemployed men who possessed some military skills, enjoyed ready access to the arms of the day, and knew how to exploit relatively light government supervision.
- He worries, if the high-paying jobs move offshore, that could leave him and other workers permanently underemployed.
- There are other people who are employed, but they're underemployed in terms of their skills.
- The name isn't important, but since I'm an underemployed historian, I'll use subtext because these words are about all I have to show for my education.
- These underemployed immigrants work in jobs as foodstand operators, baby-sitters, or waitresses either in family-run restaurants or in the catering trade.
- And according to a study conducted by the state, the region has 125,000 underemployed workers who could be trained for new or more advanced jobs.
- I do not find the respondent to be intentionally underemployed.
- Some migrants reported that they were underemployed and did not work at the level for which training had prepared them.
- Mr. Berry's closing submission goes some way towards recognizing that Larry is now underemployed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.