In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fieltro que se pone debajo de las alfombras
- Foam or rubber underfelts are the most common and both come in a range of qualities.
- We recommend the use of new underfelt when installing new carpets to ensure a smooth finish.
- While the slates are off, the roof space will be insulated, a fire barrier will be installed and the new slates will be put back over underfelt to improve the waterproofing.
- Jeremy (the person who came to deliver the carpet) went back to fetch underfelt but was about 40 cm too small on each side.
- Carpets and underfelts might be rubber or foam-backed and/or treated with chemicals such as pesticides.
- Again, don't splash water inside the car because soaked underfelts can take ages to dry out.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.