In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(word/mistake) subrayar(difference/importance/necessity) subrayar(necessity/difference/importance) destacar(difference/importance/necessity) hacer hincapié en
- Please indicate italics by underlining and indicate boldface by drawing a wavy line beneath the affected characters.
- These figures underline the ineffectiveness of prison as a deterrent and a reformer.
- I pick up my pen to underline some important points.
- Copy the articles or excerpts by hand underlining those words and phrases that you think are significant in the creation of mood and/or atmosphere.
- It is just completely wrong, this, and it indicates and underlines I am afraid how much some of those places need reform themselves.
- Highlight important words and phrases with color, bolding, italics, underlining, etc.
- He spent a great deal of time writing on his legal pad and aggressively underlining whatever he was writing.
- For some that meant moving from writing each idea on a separate line to using headers and underlining vocabulary words.
- Okay, so maybe I kind of went overboard by highlighting and underlining my own name in the playbill, but I can't help it!
- A recent poll in the magazine underlines this, claiming that 75 per cent of under-25s aspire to a job in the state sector.
- These shocking figures underline the need for the public to reduce, reuse and recycle.
- These figures underline the fact that we are in the great boom in advertising for years, much greater than anything seen in 1999-2000.
- It also underlines the Government's objective to maintain farming as the backbone of a vibrant rural economy, and as the basis for a quality food industry capable of competing worldwide.
- Nevertheless, the sale seemed to underline their minor status.
- Almost week-in and week-out, aunt Maureen is always underlining her credentials as one of the most, if not the only, complete female performer on the local front.
- These are impressive figures by any standard and underline the overall importance of this sector.
- The grants involved are small but the decision to make more of them underlines the Government's determination to encourage public-private partnerships in all directions.
- It served, however, to underline his credentials as the most dynamic figure in the new generation of Conservative politicians.
- The television figures underline the sustained popularity of the annual broadcasts from the festival and this year's programme attracted over 56 per cent of the Irish audience at its peak.
- I have underlined the words in both passages upon which Mr Scott places emphasis.
- I think that it's important to start by underlining the important distinction between practice at the society scale and at the individual scale.
- Recently leaders took part in a child protection training course, underlining the vital importance placed on ensuring the safety of all those youngsters who avail of the facilities.
- She was made a partner at just 25, underlining the fact that she is an excellent solicitor, displaying maturity and an understanding of the law and management of a law firm beyond her years.
- This is good news for the consumer, underlining the importance of shopping around for the best quote.
- If you underline text to emphasize something but it is not an actual link, your readers will almost certainly be confused.
- He used the occasion of the completion of reform to underline the broader implications for world trade.
- I like the way he/she has underlined nearly every word in the final sentence.
- I have also written to the head of the record company to convey my disgust and to underline that material like this must not be put on sale again.
- When taking tests, students should be encouraged to underline key words essay or short answer questions as this may help in focusing on critical pieces of a question.
- Anybody notice as your surfing around blogs that there are some words underlined?
- ‘No more going home to an empty flat and no more dinners for one,’ he said, underlining his delight at being based at home again with his wife and two sons.
- I agree with not underlining in dialogue, but I disagree with authors not underlining words they wish to emphasise at all.
- Press adverts underlining the need for employers to designate a pension scheme before the Government deadline of October 2001, will run alongside the TV campaign.
- Sometimes she would underline words, sentences, or passages.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.