In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This appeared in the national press, which reported that millions of households were undernourished because they did not have the opportunity to make healthy food choices.
- Nevertheless, a soldier must eat a reasonably balanced diet in order to avoid fatigue, and the diseases which can run rampant through the camps of undernourished troops.
- As well as being emotionally undernourished, the children also did not have adequate facilities.
- The students are all undernourished and underweight.
- She has been a prisoner for years on end, unloved and constantly undernourished in the midst of appalling squalor.
- One in eight patients admitted to the region's hospitals is undernourished and their condition is ignored by doctors and nurses, according to new research.
- Chronically undernourished children are far more likely to succumb to disease compared to those children who are of adequate nutrition.
- The child grew to become a vibrant but undernourished teenager, who was very popular in his neighbourhood.
- She certainly didn't appear undernourished but, yes, I did feel immensely sorry for her.
- Although no one ever starved here, many were undernourished.
- All the prisoners are overworked and undernourished.
- He said that low birth weight babies delivered by undernourished mothers are also at a risk of becoming obese later on.
- The report says one quarter of the region's population are undernourished.
- Thin, small built and looking undernourished, ‘PK’ was ahead of me in Maths but I outscored him in other subjects.
- Some people, he says, are eating too much meat, oil and fat, and parents and grandparents are feeding their children excessively to make up for being undernourished themselves.
- They hadn't eaten properly and were undernourished.
- She was undernourished and she had never seen by a health visitor or a doctor.
- You may have to take nutrients or eat foods containing certain vitamins so that you do not become undernourished or underweight.
- I hadn't eaten for three days, and was heavily undernourished.
- Her mother Anna was undernourished and food was scarce in Czechoslovakia.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.