In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1they underpay their employees — les pagan muy mal a sus empleados
- they underpaid me (by) $55 last month — me pagaron 55 dólares de menos el mes pasado
- He hasn't been pleased with the slow progress on several projects relating to the program, and he thinks he's underpaid.
- He takes much of the credit for Lena's work, underpays her, and takes her for granted.
- We're undervaluing and underpaying young adults, including potentially breadwinning fathers.
- Activists say the workers are underpaid and overworked and are turning now to an unusual source to help them complete their heavy workload.
- The producers are underpaying the actors quite badly.
- Meat factories have been slated for underpaying farmers for lamb.
- Workers were severely underpaid and denied social benefits such as free meals and transportation and the signing of a collective labour contract was blocked.
- We are there to support the teacher in the classroom and to assist in many other ways and, yes, we are underpaid.
- The union says in 2003 the company will take a wage survey and if we are underpaid, we will get additional wage increases.
- I currently feel like an over-worked, underpaid member of the company.
- And as I pointed out in an earlier column, if they read the details of the lengthy contract, they might have thought she was underpaid by the company.
- Now we were working for someone else, and they were underpaying us!
- ‘We don't need an inquiry to know that we are underpaid and undervalued,’ says Ken, the local union chairman.
- I'm still here, overworked but at least I'm not underpaid, not this week anyway.
- The judge replied that most asylum-seekers who were threatened with penury couldn't get near the few underpaid lawyers who were prepared to give them a hearing.
- The company I was working for illegally underpaid all the workers, but there was nothing we could do about it.
- The final straw came when she discovered that she was heavily underpaid compared with male executives within the group doing similar or equivalent jobs.
- Instead, we are often underpaid and overworked.
- Our profession attracts highly educated, creative, hard-working and nurturing individuals, yet most of us are underpaid.
- After about 60 days, I knew I was underpaid for the amount of work one had to do in my position.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.