In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The performances sounded under-rehearsed and poorly recorded.
- In fact, the whole show feels under-rehearsed.
- Alongside this good acting, there's some less impressive work from the supporting actors, some of whom appear under-rehearsed.
- Writing fees are paltry and scripts are poorly researched, hastily developed and under-rehearsed.
- The stage was empty again, and he tried to steel his nerves against what was surely to be another dull or under-rehearsed act.
- They seemed under-rehearsed but, possibly, this will have been rectified during the course of the week.
- The band started off sounding ragged and under-rehearsed, but got into their stride within a few numbers.
- Performances lack focus and the cast are conspicuously under-rehearsed.
- Although the first performance was an under-rehearsed disaster, the work became a great success with the new music scene.
- To make matters worse, he was cringingly under-rehearsed on opening night, stopping the performance on at least seven counts to consult his script.
- However, the lack of tightness in some entrances and exits give the show the appearance being under-rehearsed.
- Unfortunately, he gets no help from the rest of the cast, who are noticeably under-rehearsed.
- Once there was paint everywhere and even a little bit on the stools, we ushered the kids inside for an under-rehearsed puppet show performed by my husband and my seven-year-old daughter.
- Despite some excellent performances, the supporting cast's efforts are uneven and the show appears slightly under-rehearsed.
- Our performers, to be honest, were a little rough and under-rehearsed.
- It's when the full band enters the picture that the performance takes on a dangerously under-rehearsed quality.
- Perhaps this piece was under-rehearsed, which seemed to show in the performance.
- They actually had some decent performers, although they were clearly under-rehearsed.
- The programmes were under-rehearsed and, because the series took to the air with half of the episodes still unwritten, obviously rushed.
- It is under-rehearsed and the performers are nervous.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.