In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1the group is underrepresented in the statistics — el grupo está poco representado en las estadísticas
- The company believes it is under-represented in the capital, with only one of its 30 Scottish stores located in the city, compared with six in Glasgow.
- One of the things I am concerned about is that in the Midlands and the North we are massively under-represented.
- It seriously under-represents the quantity, extent and significance of the archaeological remains and perpetuates misconceptions about the region.
- Women continue to be under-represented in the highest-paying employment sectors.
- But he admitted the society was under-represented in some parts of the country.
- If anything, that period was under-represented in the journal's coverage, not over-represented.
- He said the party would be concentrating much of its efforts on Dublin and 14 other urban centres where the party was under-represented.
- They are overwhelmingly relegated to low paying jobs and are grossly under-represented in the Universities.
- Projects may include research to find out which groups are under-represented in the workforce, possibly by helping employers audit their staff.
- Citizens who are not students are in danger of being under-represented in their area if students have access to such direct political representation.
- If people are under-represented on campus or in the employment figures, that could be evidence of an underlying social injustice.
- In many genres today women are still under-represented as composers and players.
- The Government moved after research showed that middle-class professionals were under-represented on juries.
- Currently people from these communities are under-represented on the blood and bone marrow donor registers.
- They are seriously under-represented in therapeutic trials, resulting in a less adequate evidence base for treatment.
- The working class is under-represented in membership, and the professional middle class is over-represented.
- In IT, women are significantly under-represented, especially at senior levels.
- She believes that arts students have currently been under-represented and has promised to make improvements in this area.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.