In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tratamiento anticorrosivo del chasis masculino
- Fortunately this example has been well looked after, but after 30 years the underseal has failed.
- This process uses modern underseals and cavity wax to help prolong the life of the bodyshell and other panels.
- By now any competent restorer should know that bitumen underseal is not the product to use.
- I would be careful with underseal as it can trap water and cause even more rust in the future.
- You need to get rid of any flaking underseal first other wise you'll just create pockets for moisture to get trapped in, which will make things worse than leaving it with no protection whatsoever.
- I was travelling slowly in a convoy, sedately chipping away at my underseal, when a white van driver decided he would create a bow wave of rocks and a wake of expletives by overtaking the line of traffic at about 60 mph.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.