In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1parte inferior femeninoparte de abajo femenino
- Sure enough, on examining the underside of the toast we discovered it was indeed covered in little black garlicky burnt bits.
- They are tough plastic hooks which are secured to table legs and the underside of tables, so people can attach their bags or coats to them.
- There is also a rear loading ramp which forms the underside of the rear fuselage.
- He can see crows nesting on the underside of tree branches, and leaves fluttering down to the sky.
- I've been quite enjoying the bearded look even though my beard is a bit strange: it pretty much only grows on the underside of my chin.
- On the underside of his ruler was a list of all the Trig functions.
- Seeds appear to have been produced on the underside of the leaf, with the leaf edges rolled over to form an enclosing chamber.
- But the flames quickly spread along the underside of the thatch and in less than two hours the whole building was gutted.
- It does not seem too bad when you are driving over it, apart from the little stones that jump up and damage the underside of the car.
- It is also a good time to clean the underside of the deck and remove grass clippings and leaves.
- He deftly chipped the goalkeeper via the underside of the crossbar.
- If you are able without bad consequence to examine the underside of a rattlesnake, do so.
- By the next day her lips had swelled and turned the pale, pinkish hue of the underside of her tongue.
- He was about 5ft 7in, with the start of a beard and a scar or mark on the underside of his forearm.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.