In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1más pequeño de lo normal
- I am also told that many of the perch were undersized and released.
- An undersized flue simply can't handle the volume of smoke produced, and some of it will spill back into the room.
- They were kept inside a flimsy wire fence on an undersized dirt lot.
- He is undersized, making him less than ideal as a blocker and tackler.
- There in the corner of the room (or relegated to an unloved table just outside the door) you'll find a wobbly pile of undersize crockery and two silver flasks.
- He plays the run well for an undersized lineman and is best at backside pursuit rather than trying to stop plays head-on.
- All were forced to sit on undersized plastic chairs designed for primary school pupils.
- Salmon varied in size from 4 to 11 lb and a number of sea trout were also caught with many undersize trout being returned.
- I trudged up the walkway into the tiny undersized school that I had the misfortune to attend.
- Over the years, these birds have learned to scavenge fish guts and undersized fish tossed back by fishing boats.
- Did you buy any other undersized travel items for your week-long stay in London Village?
- The skipper added that about 90% of the haddock catch had been undersize fish which were then thrown back dead into the sea, meaning that fewer fish were surviving long enough to breed.
- He said one of the pots tampered with contained 40 undersized crayfish.
- He's undersized, but because of the way he plays with leverage he's able to disengage from blocks and be a run stopper.
- The unit is undersized, which means the tackles must play with flawless technique or risk being bludgeoned.
- I complained as I turned the T.V. off and walked lazily into the undersized area called the kitchen.
- He was an undersized senior with spiked auburn hair and russet eyes.
- The bathroom has a stool, sink and undersized bathtub I scrounged that is perfectly sized for the shower.
- A hyperactive, undersized boy, he loved playing football and joined a local junior team.
- Knits are central to this look, either hugely textured, fine silk knit with muted multi-coloured stripes, or slightly undersize, a bit like your wee brother's school jumper.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.