In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gastar menos de lo calculadogastar menos de lo presupuestado
- It acknowledges that the company underspent in previous years, but says it is committed to additional investment in the network.
- At the same time, poor planning and delivery mean that the province is expected to underspend on child-support grants, food parcels and the building of houses.
- ‘We accept that this is a priority area, but since you are already underspending, we don't believe they'll be able to spend more of it,’ an official said.
- We have been underspending on our roading network for the past 20 years, and that is why we are in the current situation.
- Some departments, including radiology, finance and surgery, underspent, which offset some of the higher costing areas.
- In previous years we have underspent and have urged people to go out and spend the money.
- There is finite funding, but we consistently underspend.
- If you can keep trying to underspend by a little bit here and there and reduce your overdraft accordingly each time, you'll soon find that you don't have one anymore.
- Why, then, have universities and colleges, with a few exceptions, consistently underspent?
- It is therefore incorrect to say the Department of Education underspent, because at present there is no weak expenditure on the part the department.
- We are required not to overspend, so there will always be a propensity to underspend.
- But we are in no way complacent about underspends and we are taking steps to reduce them.
- Proper budgeting is impossible until this is done and we have to get away from a situation where we have simply moved from overspending to underspending.
- This council must make up for all the underspending or they will find themselves out at the council elections this year.
- Insiders in the water industry blame decades of underspending for the poor state of the water network.
- ‘In any big organisation that spends £180 million there are going to be some areas where you overspend and underspend,’ he said.
- He said that the council had been underspending for too long and that was why services were now cut to the bone or had been scrapped over the past four years.
- It has also been revealed that almost half of local authorities are underspending on road maintenance.
- Restructuring and underspending by $1 million wouldn't be enough for the church to sustain itself.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.