In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1íntegroenterohe enjoyed the undivided loyalty of the whole cabinet — contaba con el respaldo unánime del gabinete
- you have my undivided attention — tienes toda mi atención
- This dough needs my full and undivided attention.
- These are massive problems, to which the Transport Secretary should be devoting his undivided attention.
- Damion still sat there giving her his complete and undivided attention.
- Somehow he managed to field a team when the odds were stacked against him doing so, but his undivided loyalty ensured that he nearly always carried the day in that regard.
- Once he has that they can expect his undivided attention.
- She didn't like the undivided attention I concentrated on her.
- She was literally demanding your complete, undivided attention.
- A manager can devote more undivided attention to the co-op.
- Spending quality time with children requires your full and undivided attention.
- The plight of one character absorbs the undivided attention of the entire audience.
- It was uncharted territory and required her full and undivided attention.
- As I watched, this particular young boy completely captured my full, undivided attention.
- This got my parent's complete and undivided attention.
- Now I'm going to give him my full, undivided attention.
- He certainly had my full and undivided attention.
- She has my undivided attention as I absorb this new information.
- For the full hour and a half, you are given the undivided attention of the beautician.
- She entered my world to give me her full, undivided attention.
- He demands and is worthy of my undivided affection.
- We begin by wanting our parents' undivided love and hating those who we have to share it with.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.