In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1perdición femeninoruina femenino
- As the anthrax example demonstrates, our own investment in weapons of mass destruction can easily turn into our own undoing.
- Her mother's undoing was prompted by her discovery that Alessandro, her much younger husband, had fallen in love with a family friend.
- Their undoing was their failure to capitalise on at least three overlaps from which tries beckoned.
- The forces that led to the council's undoing will not disappear.
- I looked up at the structure that had been the instrument of our undoing and cursed it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.