In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1excesivamentedemasiadowe're not unduly worried — no estamos demasiado preocupados
- The SNP, they claim, is being punished unduly for the general disillusion with home rule.
- They should be compensated with money when their interest is unduly interfered with.
- It isn't the first time they have unduly worried themselves by failing to put lesser opponents out of sight.
- I don't want to alarm them unduly, but they do need to be extremely careful.
- It suggests that the existing regime contains aspects which unduly deter investment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.