In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If terrorists are in your dreams, you need to release unexpressed anger.
- Don't you see in that sheet of paper a whole world of unexpressed ideas?
- For many, there is an unexpressed belief that everything will be entirely digital, sooner or later.
- In addition, unexpressed anger can lead to passive-aggressiveness - indirectly putting others down, for instance.
- When you first allow your child to have full tantrums, she may have quite a few, because you've opened the doors to a storehouse full of unexpressed feelings.
- Watch for clues to unexpressed anger, embarrassment, fear, and depression in the patient's facial expression, word choice, and body language.
- The movie is crammed with characters and episodes and yet the unexpressed passion between Inman and Ada which is meant to give a surge to everything we see stifles it instead.
- I have worked with a lot of adults with autism, and you feel there is so much frustration, so much unexpressed emotion that they cannot manage.
- Two girls are murdered in awful circumstances and there has to be an outlet for unexpressed rage.
- These emotions include fears, vulnerabilities, and unexpressed resentments.
- One of the many scandalous realities we choose to ignore because we cannot assimilate it is the fact of unexpressed thought.
- Often the reader feels inside their heads, hearing their unexpressed doubts or hunches.
- But if grief is unexpressed, it stays in the body and hardens there.
- Without these complexes our subconscious urges and needs would have no form of expression and we would simply explode from within due to unexpressed emotions, a nervous breakdown.
- Write down your feelings and unexpressed thoughts - the ones the breakup left you with and the ones you never told her about when you were friends.
- Old resentments, hurts, ego wounds, emotional wounds, unresolved conflicts, memories of large and tiny defeats, unspoken truths and unexpressed love that has turned sour - the array is enormous.
- I'm listening now to the Concerto, which always seemed to be hobbled by unexpressed expectations.
- The men of Lantana are generally inarticulate and choked with unexpressed emotion; they are the ones least equipped for disappointment.
- There is no lingering malice or unexpressed resentment lurking among the ulterior motives of this sign.
- The film shows the effect of a father's unexpressed grief on his eight-year old son, Garnet, whose mother died giving him birth.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.