1(person) poco amistoso(person) (stronger) antipático(attitude) desagradable(attitude) poco amistososhe gave me an unfriendly stare — me miró con cara de pocos amigos
- we got an unfriendly reception from the local people — la gente del lugar no nos recibió muy amigablemente
- unfriendly to / toward sb
- they are unfriendly to strangers around here — los de fuera no son muy bien recibidos por aquí
- she was very unfriendly toward them — estuvo muy antipática / desagradable con ellos
- They mean much more for the disabled children, who grow with a social stigma in an unfriendly environment.
- I feel like skulking in the back row and being cold and unfriendly.
- It refers to the unfriendly stare and unkind glances we sometimes get from people around us.
- It has all the elements of one of his books: a cold, unfriendly world, full of horrible children.
- Heather said cotton is one of the world's most environmentally unfriendly crops because of the chemicals used by farmers.
- When a vicar asks a young chap why he does not like where he lives, he replies the people are unfriendly and the town is a dirty and unwelcoming place.
- No pranks, no unfriendly friends, no having to sit with the adults at the kitchen table, just me and my best friend.
- Hayley seemed very distant and unfriendly, and she couldn't place her finger on why.
- London is a notoriously unfriendly place for the new arrival.
- My initial reaction was that he was unfriendly or unsocial, but that was far from the case.
- This period has been combined with an increasingly unfriendly attitude towards parents.
- I've come to realise how unfriendly and un-approachable it must make me appear when I avoid looking at people.
- Any friendly aspect or unfriendly connection between these two is then said to reflect upon the relationship of the lovers.
- Which is not to say that we should create disharmony and be unfriendly with our friends and relatives, and with other people.
- I've never met such a snobbish, selfish, unfriendly, rude lot in all my life.
- The report criticises local planners for being unfriendly to firms offering water-based recreation.
- The night-life was pricey, dressy and a touch unfriendly, if I am honest.
- Several friendly and unfriendly airforces were abroad, on hire to continental corporations.
- They're an eclectic bunch, occasionally laconic but never unfriendly.
- It was surprisingly warm, considering the unfriendly grey skies.