In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The days are evil and the ungodly are against us.
- Furthermore, I will never bring myself to describe such an intense and ungodly sight as this abomination of evil.
- There's something ungodly about it.
- But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist have been stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
- But vilifying a group, saying that they are evil, ungodly, unnatural or conspiring to take over the world is not sufficient.
- This ungodly revelation seems to fly in the face of his Christian faith, which he says did not play into his storyline, not on any conscious level anyway.
- They compare civil union legislation to legalizing inter-racial marriage, which was also once considered ungodly and unnatural.
- So where does your ungodly and corrupting tour of the world's backstreets and fleshpots take you this month?
- If somebody wanted to sit down and have an espresso in a cafe, they shouldn't have to do it in the same place where people were doing such immoral and ungodly things as having a beer.
- We are a godly people, which makes our enemies ungodly, even demonic.
- After an aide warned that using God's name would create the wrong impression, Blair complained that his team was a ‘most ungodly lot’.
- The vague and tenuous hope that God is too kind to punish the ungodly has become a deadly opiate for the consciences of millions.
- As he commented that I'm not entirely sure how it works, but I suspect it's an ungodly act of Satan, I immediately felt I should respond in kind.
- So we should not be pulled by strings of fear that the terrorists attach to our lives with their inhuman and ungodly acts.
- Some ungodly evil force stepped in, intent on bringing about his death.
- Cell phones, iPods, capitalism, and democracy - instruments of control will sequester ungodly urges.
- Gore has chosen to respond to the Republican attempts to portray the Clinton administration as immoral and ungodly by moving even farther to the right.
- Apart from scandals that have rocked the sacred houses, there is an increase in the ungodly activities of the men of the pulpit and some of their flock.
- ‘She was a lesbian, so she was regarded as a man-hater and a freak, and something that was ungodly,’ says Broomfield.
- My explanation hereafter was declared ungodly and insane because, as he maintained, I had no right to discredit the role of prayer in soccer matches.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.