- Like many other wild ungulates, Bactrian camels live in social groups dominated by a single male, but I had no idea that a bull could control such a large harem.
- Bighorn sheep and other large ungulates are highly dimorphic, with males being substantially larger than females, and variation in male reproductive success is also high in these species.
- Feeding mainly on small ungulates - roe deer, chamois and musk deer - lynx are capable of killing prey three to four times their own size, and in some parts of their range, they take large ungulates, including red deer and reindeer.
- The taxa in this study vary in both size and degree of specialization; prey type ranges from the birds and lizards of small cats and mustelids to the larger ungulates favored by big cats.
- This group of ungulates includes horses, tapirs, and rhinos.