In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The palacocurrent direction is not reversing, but unidirectional and approximately normal to the plane of the photograph.
- Despite the fact that traffic is free to flow in both the directions, time taken is likely to be less than that taken on a unidirectional route.
- Our concept of time and its unidirectional flow could not exist in such a world.
- The work of Gough has shown that a metal deforms under cyclic strain by slip on the same atomic planes and in the same crystallographic directions as in unidirectional strain.
- But over time and aided by unidirectional modernism the communal aspects have not only been taken for granted but also alienated.
- Is it possible to do a functional analysis that does not depend on assumptions of unidirectional linear time and causation?
- As we have seen time and time again, these international reverberations are by no means unidirectional or even multidirectional, but revolving.
- This irrational emotional economy has short-circuited itself through the excess of a unidirectional flow of desire.
- A loop is provided towards Race Course Road with a unidirectional 7.5 metres wide carriageway grade level service road for free turn towards Seshadripuram.
- It means that the causality of evolution is not unidirectional.
- Their study revealed that more than 90 percent of the sample Web pages form a single connected part if links are treated as a unidirectional link.
- The project comprises a main flyover along Seshadri Road with unidirectional carriageway, and a loop towards Race Course side with a unidirectional carriageway.
- They are found in regions of limited sand supply and unidirectional winds, resulting in relatively small and highly mobile stores of sand migrating in a downwind direction.
- A shotgun mic is a unidirectional microphone, meaning it picks up sound in the direction where it's aimed.
- There is also a growing body of evidence that the process of listening is not unidirectional but involves information being fed back to the hearing mechanism.
- It's fast, only costs a few pence and is unidirectional like e-mail.
- It is better to treat the whole thing as a single pan, as long as it remains unidirectional.
- It is these unidirectional authority relationships that are antithetical to citizen engagement.
- But now that the ice seems to be thawing, filmmakers are prepared to overlook the fact that the efforts are largely unidirectional.
- Movements in respect of exchange rates may not, however, be unidirectional.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.